|About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate covering Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of news everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking a meteorologist to join our First Alert Storm Team. From tornadoes and floods to blizzards and wind chills, this is an opportunity to forecast and present a wide variety of events. Meteorologists collaborate to present a forward focused weathercast on TV, as well as focused segments and updates for digital platforms to support the station's first alert mission.
Duties/Responsibilities (but not be limited to):
- Analyze and interpret meteorological data and models to produce an accurate forecast.
- Deliver forecasts in an engaging and innovative manner for multiple platforms.
- Create engaging social media content around weather.
- Report live during severe weather events.
- Alert and consult newsroom staff on severe weather threats.
- Represent the station at community and station-sponsored public events.
- Degree in meteorology
- Previous experience in a professional TV newsroom preferred
- Strong communication skills, using spoken and written word supported with graphics and video
- Ability to create clear graphics supporting a weather forecast story
- Proficient in posting to digital platforms and managing social media
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Able to work under tight deadline pressure
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCRG-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications
|Please apply at the link provided below: