Iowa Broadcasters Association
Local legacy CBS / FOX combo on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River in beautiful Quad Cities. We are a top 100 market that is seeking a SUPERSTAR Weekend Meteorologist/Reporter. Our amazing work & play community is home to the world headquarters of John Deere. We are in central proximity to major metro areas including Chicago, Des Moines, Madison, and St. Louis.
Rock Island - 61201
The Weekend Meteorologist forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. Candidates must also be willing to report. Shooting, writing and editing skills preferred.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
|Apply Online URL:
|Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****