Sales and Marketing
Local Sales Manager
Nexstar Media/KLJB TV-Fox 18 in Rock Island, Illinois is seeking a Local Sales Manager. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have strong leadership skills, high-energy, creativity, and the ability to hire, train, and motivate the sales team. Previous multi-platform sales experience and working knowledge of Wide Orbit, Matrix and Strata are preferred.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business, digital business and achievement of revenue goals.
Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Manages Accounts Receivable.
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three-five years of media sales experience.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Local Sales Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct fact-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.