Iowa Public Radio - Ames
Iowa Public Radio seeks an IT Specialist to join our Operations team in Ames. As the IT Specialist, you will be part of the team that is responsible for managing all of the Information Technology resources necessary to support a network of 26 radio stations. This includes everything from hardware and software support to systems planning and cyber security. It’s a great opportunity to be part of a high-performing team of three.
To be successful in this role, you need experience in supporting end-user and server-class hardware and software, experience with computer networking systems, and experience supporting end-users with their technical issues.
Ames is the home of Iowa State University. It regularly shows up on those “best places to live” lists, and has a lot to offer, from great restaurants and live music to top class sporting events. Plus, you’re less than an hour from Des Moines. And there are state parks and biking, walking and running trails nearby as well!
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation and sick time and a flexible work environment.
- $41,986 - $62,978
- Associates’ degree in computer science, IT, or other equivalent experience;
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in:
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft user services, including Active Directory and Office 365;
- Completing hardware and software maintenance (end user and server equipment) and repair through both centralized and manual processes; and
- Implementing and supporting open-source and purchased software solutions.
- Excellent organization and documentation abilities; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience or training in networking;
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems; and
- Experience in project management.
For full consideration, submit cover letter, resume and contact information for at least 3 professional references.