Production Assistant (FT) - Evening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Running cameras and handling all in-studio coordination for our newscasts
Running the audio/video side of newscasts when not running cameras
Editing video/audio and assisting the newsroom in the creation of content
Train on operating video and audio switching and graphics equipment
Other production duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Requirement & Skills
- Fluency in English – Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.