Technical Media Producer
|Position||Technical Media Producer|
|Jobdescription||KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, produce 100 live events each year, and support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market. To learn more about KCRG, visit: http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/?
The Technical Media Producer at KCRG has the general responsibility of directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring KCRG’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting/preparing daily programming and commercials for air. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts and miscellaneous station productions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for KCRG and KYOU
• Require skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, master control automation, graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control, including the ability to effectively perform at the following: Robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, program/commercial/promo ingesting/segmenting, and satellite operation
• Understanding of FCC logs and broadcast regulations
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Degree in Communications or a related field, or equivalent job experience
• Great communication and people skills
• Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience in a system nearly identical to KCRG’s. Work with production automation and playout automation software preferred
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Required to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment-up to approximately 50 pounds
• Ability to work in potential extreme weather conditions (heat or cold)
• Ability to work in environment with fluctuating noise and light levels
• Ability to climb a ladder
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.