|Jobdescription||Join the KCAU 9 team during an exciting time. KCAU 9 News seeks a Promotions Manager to develop and implement compelling on-air and online promotion to support increases in ratings and revenue. The ideal candidate will work closely with News, Sales and our community service partners.
Develop and implement compelling on-air and online promotional campaigns to support and elevate the KCAU 9 News brand
• Develops the strategy for and oversee the productions of image promotions, topical promos, special report promos and digital content promos
• Ensure promotional support is provided for all Nexstar and station news and sales projects
• Create and maintain log strategy for promotion avails
• Manage and execute promotion strategy for station events
• Build rapport with community partners
• Oversee production of graphics and proper execution of the brand, supporting news and sales efforts while ensuring the integrity of our brand
Requirements & Skills:
• Experience, developing and executing successful television and digital promotions with demonstrable results for ratings and revenue
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a related field
• Leadership experience in guiding creative teams a plus
• Excellent personal and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills
• Highly responsive to deadlines and internal communications
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Strong non-linear editing skills.
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear.
• Detailed experience and understanding of all aspects of station promotion and TV production including news, sports, weather, public service.
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience in Adobe Creative Suite of Products, including After Effects, Premiere and Photoshop
• Passion for strong image and promotion writing.
• Possess strong video production skills utilizing JVC and Canon Cameras.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.