Creative Services Director
|Position||Creative Services Director|
|Jobdescription||KCAU, the Nexstar ABC affiliate in Sioux City Iowa is seeking an experienced driven creative services director. Sioux City is nestled on the banks of the Missouri river bordering South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. KCAU was the first television station to go on air in northwest Iowa, the first station to transmit in color, the first station to broadcast in full high definition. In 2017, Nexstar invested over $2.5 million to build a new state of the art broadcast facility to better serve the viewers of “Siouxland”. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person. The ideal candidate must have a strong marketing background and recent experience in the broadcasting industry. You must have experience managing a creative team in a high energy environment and inspiring progressive creative.
Requirements: Oversees brand strategies and marketing across our established platforms as well as new and innovative spaces. Also responsible for community and public service efforts, ensuring alignment with overall business objectives. Responsible for the consistent, successful execution of all creative projects from estimation through launch and maintenance. Responsible for the marketing and brand development of KCAU and SiouxlandProud.com.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
* Manage & supervise all aspects of commercial, promotional and PSA production (outdoor, radio, direct mail, newspaper, internet, etc.)
* Develop, implement, and coordinate all details involved in station(s) contests and promotions as well as community relations endeavors.
* Work collaboratively with sales staff in an effort to increase station revenue by formulating customized promotional packages for targeted clients.
* Work collaboratively with news on promotions and community involvement to position and brand the station(s).
* Oversee the creation of all station(s) graphics and art production for use on-air and supervises/maintains station website. Ensures continuity of station's graphic identity.
* Maintain positive relations with outside vendors to secure materials needed for promotions.
* Prepare annual budget for Marketing & Promotions department.
* Serve as a station representative for community and charitable events.
* Excellent writing, grammar & editing techniques in order to write reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals.
* Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.