Digital Multimedia Journalist
Local legacy CBS / FOX combo on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River in beautiful Quad Cities. We are a top 100 market that is seeking a SUPERSTAR Digital Multimedia Journalist. Our amazing work & play community is home to the world headquarters of John Deere. We are in central proximity to major metro areas including Chicago, Des Moines, Madison, and St. Louis.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for almost 70 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Quad Cities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
- Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
- Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
- Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
- Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
- Produces reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
- Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital MMJ must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
- Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop and Basic HTML preferred
- CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
- Responds positively to feedback
- Candidates should have strong grammatical skills with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit. Experience writing for an online audience and knowledge of AP style is a plus. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with content management systems and SEO