Morning Show Host
CD Broadcasting - Hampton, IA
CD Broadcasting- Hampton, IA is seeking a talented and experienced Morning Show host to take over for our current host who is retiring after 32 years on the air with us. The ideal candidate is energetic and ready to entertain early in the morning. We need a responsible individual who can come in and produce a morning show following a format that features new and classic country music, loaded with local information, and heavy in audience participation through daily trivia and other seasonal contests!
Duties will include morning show prep as well as preparing a small amount of content to be used by other announcers, audio production, on location broadcasts, and responsibility for updating and maintaining the music library for KLMJ (Country/Variety) and KQCR (Soft AC). Familiarity with basic website updating and social media is a plus. This is a rare opportunity to work under local ownership with an established and loyal audience.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
● Prepare written and recorded material for the morning show as well as some written copy for other announcers.
● Maintain and update music libraries featuring a variety of music.
● Engaging with listeners on the phone, during contests, and also responsible social media interaction.
● Broadcast live from remote locations and local community and business events.
● Operate control console.
● Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
Requirements of this position include the following:
● A minimum of one year on-air experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience using Google Drive, Google Docs and other associated applications
● Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
● Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
● Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
● Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
● Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
● Ability to multitask and handle pressures and deadlines.
● Be a positive member of our team.
● Must have a strong work ethic.
● Must have a valid driver’s license
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please send sample audio along with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CD Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.