Media - Journalism - Newspaper
KGAN has an exciting opportunity for you! We have an open position in our News department for a Meteorologist.
KGAN is looking for a Meteorologist to present the weather forecast for our newscasts. As our Meteorologist, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will issue warnings, alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events. You must be able to utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories. You are expected to use a vareity of platforms including internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, additiona to television.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Develope content and graphics for on-air, web and social media.
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
- May be asked to do live shots and reporting from community events in association with weather news.
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
- Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in on-air weather presentation and reporting required.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group - Careers