Human Resources Business Administrator
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Human Resources Business Administrator will plan, direct, coordinate or liaise one or more administrative services of the business unit, such as records and information management, reports and accounts payable, payroll, facilities planning and maintenance, operations, human resources, assisting GM and RVP and other office support services. This position reports directly to the VP/GM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain employee personnel/HR files
• Administer employment processes: benefits, onboarding/orientation, leave benefits, employee verification and management of payroll
• Maintain EEO compliance reports
• Manage worker’s comp and auto insurance claims
• Prepare and submit monthly operational reports such as station corporate credit card
• Distribute monthly financial reports
• Handle all aspects of accounts payable
• Liaise with Station Sr. Leadership, Corporate staff
• Discreet nature with access to critical private information is necessary
• Effective employee communication skills
• Organize and direct station employee events
• Manage all employee/vendor/trade contracts
• Oversee station fleet and employee gas cards
• Attend/contribute to weekly department head meetings
• Buy/stock station supplies
• Handle other Administrative executive type duties as needed
Qualifications, Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 3-5 years in Human Resources, Business Administrator, or Office Manager Capacity is preferred
• Extremely trustworthy and understanding the need for confidentiality is critical.
• Interpersonal savvy – relates well with all people
• Builds rapport and effective relations and uses diplomacy and tact.
• Approachability – is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener
• Action-Oriented – enjoys working hard, and is action-oriented
• Problem-solving & decision making – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
• Developing self & others – confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Human Resource Business Administrator must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions on occasion, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
WHO is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
WHO-HD Channel 13 values the contribution of all of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via https://whotv.com/contact/employment-opportunities/: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
Nexstar Media Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 115 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). Nexstar’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. Nexstar’s community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content while creating new revenue opportunities. Nexstar also owns WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.