Helping stations stay in compliance with FCC rules and regulations is one of the IBA’s top priorities. Among the legal and regulatory services available to IBA member stations are:
- AMBER Alert Program — Learn more about the AMBER program, along with the critical role Iowa broadcasters play in the safe recovery of missing children.
- Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) – The IBA’s inspection program helps stations stay in compliance with FCC regulations and protects them from routine FCC inspections
- IBA Job Bank — Our Iowa online Job Bank allows members to post job openings and evaluate resumes posted by job seekers
- Iowa and Washington Legal Hotlines — IBA members can get answers to their legal questions about FCC rules and regulations, as well as Iowa advertising and employment law questions.
- Legal & Regulatory Updates — Continually updated information on FCC broadcast rules and important legal issues.
- Legal and Regulatory Advisories
- Political Broadcast Rules — Detailed primer of rules for political advertising, including lowest unit charge, equal opportunity, and sponsorship identification requirements.