Morning Show Host/On-Air Announcer/Talent
Crawford County Broadcasting
|Company||Crawford County Broadcasting|
|Position||Morning Show Host/On-Air Announcer/Talent|
|Jobdescription||Announces and plans on-air radio shows to inform, entertain, and engage local listening audiences. Performs additional duties such as production, assisting program/music managers, operating transmitter, or writing & producing ads.
• Associate's degree in related field or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
• Two years of on-air & technical experience
• An equivalent combo of education and experience will be considered
Skills and Abilities:
• Outgoing personality with a clear and distinct speaking voice
• Sharp wit and the ability to think quickly on one’s feet
• Excellent reading and ad-libbing skills
• Clear & concise writing skills
• Well versed in multi-platform content development
• Excellent computer skills and expertise with editing equipment, and other broadcast-related devices
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writes script, contests and interview questions.
• Memorizes script, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
• Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from wire copy, periodicals, computer, and other media.
• Reads news flash to keep audience informed of important events.
• Records & edits interviews of guests, musicians, or other guests/personalities
• Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
• Answers phone lines, interviews audience members who telephone musical requests.
• Airs contests according to the specs of the program or promotions directors.
• Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity and community functions. Attends live, in-person appearances as requested by the station or clients.
• Provides live reports from site of event. Sets up equipment for remotes/events.
• Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired.
• Operates control console.
• Performs commercial production.
• Follows and enforces FCC regulations, station and company policies, including implementing station's / state's EAS procedures.
• Performs additional duties such as production, assisting program/music managers, operating radio transmitter, or writing advertising copy. Plays music as specified by ops director and music log.
• Maintains flexibility to pick up/change shifts as necessary. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, etc. on a regular basis.
|Apply||Send resume and samples of works to Sue Miller-Payton