We are seeking a high-energy Account Manager to join our sales and marketing team! If you are motivated by the opportunity to be quickly rewarded for outstanding personal performance, this may be a great job for you.
- Bachelors or Associate's degree in related field or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Two years of direct sales or marketing experience that included cold-calling and lead generation.
- An equivalent combo of education and experience will be considered
You will be responsible for managing an active list of on-air clients. You will be required to develop partnerships with existing and new clients to create innovative marketing, sales, and media plans to help them meet their sales and business objectives. You will provide superior customer service making sure their advertising programs are fresh, unique, and effective. You will help them write compelling scripts to highlight their products, services, and benefits. If you are interested in the broadcast side of radio, you may also enjoy the opportunity to develop or hone your on-air broadcast skills, technical abilities, sports play-by-play, and knowledge of how local radio serves its communities.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing clients
- Partner with clients to develop effective copy, scripts, and annual marketing plans.
Specific duties include:
- Prospect and contact potential and existing customers in person and virtually during normal business hours from 8am-5pm.
- Reach agreed upon sales and client acquisition targets
- Resolve client and/or customer inquiries, complaints, and collections.
- Set follow-up appointments to keep clients aware of program and sponsorship opportunities, and refresh copy and ads.
- Create sales material to present to Clients
- Manage simple digital ad integration tasks for your clients on social media and website.
- If interested in sports play-by-play tons of opportunities are available in football, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, track & field, soccer & softball/baseball.
- Above-average verbal and written communication skills. You must have the marketing and business acumen to develop advertising copy and marketing presentations. During the interview process you will be asked to demonstrate these skills in person.
- Understanding of basic marketing and business principles and the willingness to learn and evolve into a skilled omni-channel marketer.
- Fearless cold caller with strong negotiation skills- our clients don't walk in the front door, we go to them
- Experienced in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to build rapport with clients and represent KDSN Radio at community events
- Well-versed in digital/social media
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Organized and skilled in time management- a self-starter who relishes the opportunity to quickly grow income by increasing sales and commissions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Other Helpful Skills or Experience:
- Experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields is very helpful.
- Bi-Lingual welcome
- Prior media, marketing, or copy-writing experience