|Position||News Anchor (Primary/Evening)|
|Jobdescription||About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Iowa's second largest city, covering 22 counties in Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is looking for an energetic and motivated anchor to help lead our newsroom. KCRG-TV9 is the top station in the market with a reputation built on professionalism, trust and strong journalism - this position is expected to be a pillar of those values both on-air and in the newsroom. The main anchor serves as both a managing editor of newscasts and a mentor to other reporters and producers. Leading by example, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to journalism, storytelling and accuracy.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor multiple daily newscasts
- Proofread newscast scripts with attention to accuracy, completeness and clarity
- Help research and write news content for TV and digital platforms
- Report on breaking news and special projects, as assigned
- Develop sources and connections within the community
- Take part in community outreach as an ambassador for the station
- Coach and assist reporters and producers regularly
- Develop, maintain and regularly engage with viewers on social media
- Helps execute station policies and mission within newsroom and newscasts
- Required to work weekends, holidays and varying shifts on occasion
- Minimum 5 years on-air experience in a professional TV newsroom
- Experience in a newsroom leadership position as an anchor or newsroom manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent on-camera delivery of scripted and ad-libbed content
- Excellent news judgment and journalistic ethics
- Must obtain and maintain valid driver's license
|Apply||Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references|